Commodities and Energy Trader
The successful candidate will join our team of Traders / Portfolio managers. They will have the responsibility of trading strategies which can range from crude oil natural gas, grains, precious metals, base metals, or bulk commodities. We are looking to expand the products and strategies we trade to utilize excess capital, so propose something to us and we will determine if the strategy fits our risk/reward tolerances.
- Research and implement your own strategies within the firm’s trading framework.
- Analyze fundamental and technical data to identify trading/arbitrage opportunities.
- Manage positions and risk within the commodities portfolio risk limits.
- Develop a strong understanding of market structure of various exchanges and asset classes.
- Communicate efficiently with IT department to further develop trading tools and systems.
Skill Set and Experience Required for Position:
- A proven strong track record
- Minimum 5 years experience within dry bulk commodities/metal s and/or energy futures markets, including OTC and exchange cleared derivatives
- Trading and/or quantitative background – includes a degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Financial Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science and Physics.
- Knowledge of China futures exchanges would be advantageous
- Self motivated and the ability to generate revenue without direct client flows using both screen traded products and broker traded flow