Corporate Strategy, Development and Planning – Senior Manager
Strategic Planning and Corporate Development Department functions as the central planning and strategy development and planning group of the Bank and addresses topics at the top of senior management’s agendas. Strategy & Corporate Development Team develops strategic plans, conducts corporate acquisitions & disposals, provides CE office support and leads special projects. This role will provide the opportunity to work on different entity level strategic initiatives across all the Businesses and Functions of the Bank, covering the following
- Bank strategy development: Formulate the Bank’s medium term strategies, support execution, coordination, tracking and evaluation according to the Bank’s strategic planning framework; lead articulation and mobilisation to achieve strategic priorities.
- Business strategic study: Lead or support strategic business studies that are cross-Businesses, Functions and/or geographies in nature, derive actionable insights and make appropriate recommendations to the Bank’s senior management.
- Corporate development: Lead or support execution of acquisitions and disposals (A&D) projects, support governance of the Bank’s corporate investments and exploit synergies in accordance to the Bank’s strategic priorities.
- Special project: Lead different entity level strategic initiatives across all the Businesses and Functions of the Bank, with a focus on new business development, partnership development and Greater Bay Area (“GBA”) business advocacy
- Executive office support: Support key activities of executive office including but not limited to presentation materials for external and internal meetings, relationship management with key external and industry bodies and monitoring of business results; advocate and facilitate cross-business collaborations
- Lead fact-based analysis to develop relevant hypothesis for discussions and recommend strategic options for consideration by senior management in relation to entity strategy, corporate development, business performance improvement and new business opportunities for both the Bank’s core banking business or adjacent business
- Develop strategy papers and reports to articulate strategic plan, strategic analysis and business performance to support decision making, ensure entity-wide alignment and solicit approval
- Be trusted advisors to working partners and conduct credible challenge on all strategy development and execution matters, through daily working relationship and participation in various committees
- Provide Chief-of-staff support to enable CEO and/or other C-suite members effective and efficient execution of management agenda, internal and external communications, and other issue resolution
- Mobilise and collaborate with businesses and functions at different levels to devise strategic initiatives, manage implementation, monitor performance and support issue resolution
- Lead governance process through committee meetings and other programme management tools to drive, mobilise and monitor the Bank’s progress of special projects e.g. development in the GBA
- Lead end-to-end all types of corporate development projects including partnership and A&D projects from screening, validation, evaluation, negotiation to execution and delivery
- Build, develop and manage external partners, including commercial players, industry associations, investors, academia and government agencies; assess partners’ capabilities and suitability for potential collaboration on new business development; lead the negotiation of partnership deals
- Coach and mentor junior team members; Lead various department management and internal control responsibilities as per Group and Bank’s requirements
- Fluent in Cantonese
- Management consultancy experience will be beneficial