Compliance Manager for Trustee Services
Compliance / Legal
Posted 5 months ago
The role is the Compliance Manager for Trustee Services in Hong Kong. He/she will be responsible for
- Support business growth and development of fiduciary product expertise especially in the area of new product or client segments.
- Participate in sales pitch and clients presentation to solicit new business.
- Work with Product and Operations teams to develop trustee solutions for approved pooled investment funds, SFC authorized unit trusts, such as, exchange traded funds, Leverage & Inverse Product, futures and options funds, open-ended fund company.
- Implement new fund onboarding or funds changes, which include performing fund documentation review, e.g. trust deed, custody agreement, etc.
- Work with all both external (fund managers, professional firms, regulatory agencies, etc.) and internal stakeholders to ensure the smooth and proper running of the trustee business, e.g. monitoring of service providers, resolution of issues, presenting in board meeting, etc.
- Implement or maintain a robust and comprehensive monitoring and reporting of fiduciary services framework and mechanism. Ensure the fiduciary services business is conducted in accordance with all relevant internal policies as well as rules and regulation.
- Manage relationship with regulators in Hong Kong, namely MPFA and SFC, as well as clients.
- Oversee the fiduciary deal review process, monitor and manage product deviations.
- Stay abreast of market and regulatory developments in the fiduciary and fund services industry and analyze the opportunities and challenges of these developments on the business.
- Assist in the reporting and tracking of all findings to resolution
- Engagement in projects and additional tasks as required by the Senior Fiduciary Client Manager.
- Complete and monitor Procedures Manual for immediate area of responsibility
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding firm, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 8-10 years of experience
- Extensive years of Fiduciary or other compliance or financial services related experience
- Thorough knowledge of Regulatory Framework